Discover everything about the Opinel No.08 knife and how it came to be.
Both smart and simple, the Opinel knife is composed of 5 elements: the blade, the haft, the fixed ferrule, the rivet and the rotating ferrule that was added in 1955. The No. 08 features a sharp 8.5cm blade, a comfortable 9cm haft, and weighs in at an efficient 45 grams!
1. Sharp traditional Yatagan Blade with a convex profile and a nail nick for opening. It is stamped with the Crowned Hand to ensure authenticity.
2. Fixed ring for robust feel and lifetime durability.
3. Round varnished wooden handle for a secure and comfortable grip.
4. (Not shown) Rivet to hold the blade and handle together.
5. Virobloc safety ring which locks the blade open, or closed for transport.
"Everyone chooses their own
Opinel No.08. It adapts with the times and to new uses. This little pocket knife has been handed down from generation to generation and the shape that hasn't changed since 1890 has made it famous over the years."
"As an item that is now part of French cultural heritage, it is now recognized worldwide as a design icon, being exhibited at the MoMa in New York as a classic among classics."